Tuesday, October 14

The Science of Homemaking

Step 1

"Let all things be done decently and in order." 1 Corinthians 14:40
Order is important to me and, I believe it is important to God. Whilst I acknowledge God’s grace for the order in our home, I must clarify, that I will never stop learning to refine and refresh my skills.

I was asked to write a step-by-step guide to Homemaking for a major magazine for women. There IS a science to it, yet a formula that is very simple to understand for any woman, and a skill that, if embraced and applied daily, will change your life forever.

Balance in the home - balance for your life!

"To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:5

Each week, you will be guided in learning the “how-to” of homemaking, from the Schedule - Process of Elimination - Order in the Home.

God promises, that if we follow certain principles, we will “overcome” areas in our life that are a concern for us.

In your home, what concerns you the most? Perhaps this question is going to be the pivotal piece of the puzzle, and a foundation for formulating what will be, the difference between chaos and order. I pray this will bless your heart and your home!

Step 1 - Format a Schedule

This will vary between women, and will determine the difference between a productive and a non-productive day. Starting with an original draft, you will be tweaking your schedule month-by-month, until it’s layout is workable and enjoyable for you - it’s all relative!

In other words; for me, a schedule has been a part of my life since I was a teenager. It’s quite stress-free and I have formulated and tweaked one for many years. However, for a lot of women, it can be a daunting task!

I am going to make it simple for you: if you copy this formula, you can fill out your personal schedule in the spaces provided. I would suggest using pencil until you have refined and accomplished your goal - letting your schedule run your life!

Unfortunately, the blog will not allow me to post my Schedule Spreadsheet. If you would like a copy, please email me; veilofvirtues@gmail.com I will attach the schedule spreadsheet copy in a return email to you.

My own personal schedule may not be for all women, however, it is the base from which I work, and one that has proved a 35+ years success, and a formula I have used for the purpose of illustration - (Sunday has been omitted - we are at church for most of the day);

If your home is not in the order, and your hope for order is disorderly - you are not a failure! God created a woman, then He gave her specific instructions for homemaking in His word. This wisdom is an intelligence we are always learning from Him. You have now reached a pivotal point in your womanhood, and this is a wonderful place to reach.

A Woman is the “heart-beat” of her home! Creating order and a stress-free environment, is an integral part of a woman’s DNA.

It is when we [I] do not fulfill this purpose for my life [bringing order into my home], that we [I] become overwhelmed, or unhappy, or unstable, or non-productive, or we [I] become the sum total of an unscheduled, non-productive life. And then I am miserable to myself, and those around me. Being non-productive sabotages my purpose of living an extraordinary life for God's glory and limits or disables my ability to be a role-model for the next generation.
Just recapping; the very first step in the "Science of Homemaking" is Formatting a workable and achievable schedule.

Next week, I will be asking the question: “What Concerns You The Most?” Then, I will mentor you in Step.2 of “The Science of Homemaking.”

I pray this will encourage your heart. Remember, there is a solution for everything, and it is never too late to begin somewhere, and work towards a happier life and a haven for your home.

Happy Women - Happy Homes!
Let's now bow our heads and pray together;
Dear Father,
Thank you for your mercy in my life. Thank you that I am teachable, and that through you, I am able to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Bless me as I work toward being more like you and less like me. I now surrender all my cares and concerns as a woman, and lay them before you; teach me through your Word, and through those you place before me, who will guide my steps with wisdom and grace.
I now acknowledge, that I need you to help me overcome these areas in my life, and I anticipate a victory! Amen

I Love You,
Deborah



No comments: