2. And will multiply thee exceedingly – 2b
3. And thou shalt be a father of many nations – Vs.4
4. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful – Vs.6a
5. And I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee – Vs.6b
6. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee – Vs.7
7. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger – Vs.8a
8. And I will be their God – Vs.8b
At ninety-nine years of age, Abraham is circumcised. Genesis is a book of firsts. In the previous Chapters, we learn of the “First Tithe,” and now we learn of the “First Circumcision” in History. It was designed to impress on the mind the necessity of obeying God, not just outwardly, but in the heart; of serving Him who is a Spirit - in spirit and in truth.
- The crown of glory IS giving Him all the glory for providing all our needs and more – from nothing.
- The crown of glory IS in acknowledging that we have survived and continue to thrive supernaturally.
- The crown of glory IS in knowing that He has never left us nor forsaken us.
- The crown of glory IS in how our faith has grown, and how we love and trust Him more.
- The crown of glory IS in how He continues to bring us forth from the fiery trials we face.
- The crown of glory IS in God taking ahold of this perculiar Australian lady, and transforming her into His image day by day.
God is so wise isn’t He? He knows what is best for us, just as He knows the bigger picture. It’s all about Him!
When it gets tough (and it will), I always ask God to teach me the lesson, to remove the filters from my weakened eyes, and to show me His comfort, and love through it all. Good and bad, it's all from the hand of God - EVERYTHING IS FATHER FILTERED!
A continual regard to God's all-sufficiency will have a great influence upon our upright walking with him. And, when you reach a place in your walk with God, where He is more your sufficiency than your own self-sufficiency---it truly is a work of grace!
I Love You