Friday, July 31

Stability & Security

The Tomb of Zechariah is a grand monument in the upper Kidron valley (Yehoshafat valley), on the foothills of the Mount of Olives and facing the temple mount. It is cut into the rock and made entirely from that rock.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1

Almost every place we turn, we hear and read that good health is important. Our digestive system has the essential job of processing foods we eat into nutrients needed by our body. Brain health is given little attention and yet needs perhaps a greater concentration of our time and efforts. After all, there is nothing wise about being physically healthy and mentally shipwrecked.

Imbalance in our lives is often symptomatic of a much greater problem that lies beneath the surface.

The health of our mind is very important to God. He writes a lot about this subject in His Word. If you suffer from instability or you are surrounded by chaos and confusion, I have great news for you! The Bible is a mind manual. This will retrain your present thinking and allow you to break free from any pattern of long-term thoughts that may undermine your growth as a Christian woman.

Unfortunately it does not stop there! The instability we neglect to treat in our own lives has the potential to destroy our children’s efforts to have balance in their future lives. What we do in moderation, our children do in excess!

Our brain has the vital job of processing information we take in and filtering this into truth. If you take rubbish in you will put rubbish out through what you do and what you say. It’s very important for us to filter everything before it goes into our minds.

Most recently, I had a conversation with a friend and as I listened on, what I heard disturbed my spirit and I discontinued the conversation. I made no provision for my flesh to enter into an arena that would sabotage my standards; I have made the conscious choice to not talk about others unless my words are filled with kindness and encouragement – regardless of what wrong may of been done!

When we talk about others behind their backs, God calls this gossip and slander. “He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.” Proverbs 10:18

We cannot hide from God! He knows how we feel about others. God knows our lies and He knows the malignancy of our insults and slur when we talk about others with unkind or untruthful words.

As a Christian woman I am very careful about what I allow myself to listen to, read, or watch. I am on guard all the time and I ask God for wisdom every day to reveal the subtlety of my flesh and the slyness of the devil. God infiltrates every area of my life and His opinion of what I listen to, what I read, and what I look at is paramount to me. His opinion of what I eat and what I wear is just as important.

I find solid security in the sweet promises of God which provide strength and stability for my life. I know He has a perfect plan for my health and mental well-being. His Word encompasses my body, my mind, and my soul. I no longer have to feel helpless and hopeless. This security is divine and a firm foundation for my life. It is also a haven that I run to during my greatest time of need.

Our life is made up of mountains and valleys. The unexpected potholes ought never govern our stability but rather propel us to be ready for anything God brings our way.

As a Christian woman, His wisdom and understanding governs my life. When I have a problem with my health, I run to God first and ask Him for counsel. I then wait for His wisdom and guidance before I make any decision on which coarse of action I take. There are so many experts (self-proclaimed) when it comes to women’s health that it can be quite daunting. I have never been disappointed with the solution or outcome of running to God through prayer and the Bible. He is the “Great Physician.” In addition, I go to my Preacher and ask him for guidance.

We were created in God's image and He knows us more intimately than anyone will ever know us. He knows what is happening beneath the surface of our body and our mind. He will give you wisdom? At 50-years of age, He has not failed me yet!

Because I walk in the light of this truth each day I make no provision for the flesh. I work on a God dependency rather than a self-dependency.

I have a nearness to God that promotes a bond of protection and a growing affection? There are specific principles which maintain a resolve in my life. I have listed two of these and I encourage you to embrace them for your own life;

1. Choose God as The Keeper of Your Mind and Body
  • He gives wisdom for our health.
  • He provides clarity and protection for our mind.
  • He always encourages our soul.
  • He always knows what to say to us.
  • We can then roll onto other women all that God has taught us; how He protects us and the encouragement we receive from Him as we read His Word every day; “…He is my refuge and my fortress…”

2. Claim the Promises of His Word with Sincerity

  • As a Christian woman, we are under the extraordinary care of Heaven.
  • We can embrace the truth of God’s wisdom and instructions.
  • We have a unique preservation and stability in our life which proves His power and eternal blessings for our life.

Most women do not have this peace or security in their lives however, it is available to us all. God is no respector of persons. In reality, what you think about is ultimately what you become. The Bible says, “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:” Proverbs 23:7

As women, we were designed to live a simple life and to create a unique heartbeat in our homes. Most of us experience nothing but complex, complicated, and chaotic lives. We do not or we will not see truth through the confusion of what we pursue. Wouldn't you love to de-clutter your brain and your life?

God’s desire for us is to live a more excellent way and not to settle for mediocrity. Don’t try to tackle everything that concerns you; ask God to open your eyes to one area that displeases Him and make the necessary changes that will give you victory. Once you overcome, move onto the next priority that God will bring to your attention. “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.” 1 Corinthians 12:31

I believe in you, but importantly, God knows your potential and He has the necessary tools for retraining your mind and providing balance in your life. Don’t forget to write your goal down in a journal and keep track of your progress. You will be delighted every time you look back over your words to see God’s great work in your life.

I Love You,
Deborah

No comments: