Tuesday, August 11

First and Best - Forget the Rest!

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

My life is fairly ordinary. Through God’s eyes, my life is extraordinary! This compels me to daily seek His will and live centered on my discoveries.

When I owned my business, my life was based upon discipline and diligence. I followed a daily ritual that fed a want for success and self-worth.

The mechanics of this philosophy did not change but the motive has taken a 180-degree turn.

God has my attention and He captivates me! I follow a ritual every day that feeds my cup of longing to seek Him with all my heart. This principle guarantees success for a Christian lady. I can now say that my worth rests on my relationship with God alone.

Every morning I wake up at 4am. To most, this is considered a great while before day but for me it’s the jewel of the morn. When I open my eyes I tell God that I can’t wait to spend time with Him. My husband puts the coffee on and we connect before he leaves for work.

My favorite part of the day comes next; I get to meet with God and for the most part, I sit in the living room staring out into the blackened sky. Our window faces north toward God and as I open the windows I say, “I beat you” to the birds. Their morning song has barely begun and it really is a glorious time. I ask God to squeeze me with His presence. I ask Him to give me wisdom as I read from His word. I also pray that He increase my knowledge. He always guides me to understand His words through my time alone with Him.

When I am down-hearted I do not change my schedule of Bible reading and praying. I know that God will lift me up yet again to enjoy the light of His countenance. He has never failed me and if you ask Him, I promise you won't be disappointed.

When I read from the Scriptures this morning, I could identify in my own feeble way, with this verse; “And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.” Mark 1:35

A great while before day is the pinnacle of my life; getting alone with God in a solitary place, beating the birds, reading from the Scriptures, and praying. I never come away dry-eyed or disappointed.
  • Christ is the object of our life - “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21

I did not always live for Christ. As a Christian woman, Jesus is to me the one pearl of great price. He has so completely won my love that it beats alone for Him. To His glory I want to live and in defense of His gospel I would die. He is the pattern for my life and the model after which I sculpture my character.

  • Christ is the source of our life “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;” Ephesians 2:1

Before I trusted Christ, a sinful life separated me from Him. To be without God is to be in death. Yes, the world is intensely active, but in regards to Christianity - all is dead! The sinner sees no beauty here and no human power can arouse him to act for God any more than human power can rouse the sleeping dead or open the sightless eye-balls on the light of day. The same power needed in the conversion of a sinner is needed in raising the dead, and one and the other alike, demonstrate the omnipotence of Christ who can do it.

The foundation of my life lies at the cross of Christ!

  • Christ is the substance of my life“This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.” John 6:50

If you are wondering in the wilderness of your sins, you will never get a morsel to satisfy the hunger in your spirit – unless you find it in Him! Jesus is my supernatural food!

  • Christ is the solace for our life“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.” Psalm 63:3

My joy comes from God and in times of trouble, His presence is my consolation. There is nothing worth living for but Him. His loving kindness is better than life!

  • Christ is the example for our life“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:” 1 Peter 2:21

He is the Shepherd of my soul. As I live in close fellowship with God, I become more like Him. I love that He is my divine example. I walk in His footsteps and shall do so until He becomes the crown of my life in glory.

Obedience in the Christian life drives us closer to God and separates us from the crowd. As Christian women, how safe we are with this understanding, how honored we are by His grace, and how happy we are when Christ becomes our life and purpose!

I Love You,

Deborah

No comments: