Tuesday, June 17

Peace to a Troubled Heart

Focusing on God's promises and trusting Him to do what He says, will bring peace to your troubled heart.

Are you going through a tough time? Are you absorbing yourself in Scripture?

Who would believe that Abraham and Sarah would have a son - and live to raise him to adulthood?


"And she said (Sarah), who would have said...." (Giving birth at 90-years of age to Isaac)

This verse struck a chord in the recesses of my heart this morning and I inserted my own name into the verse, "And Deborah said, who would have said..." (Fill in the blank with your own impossible circumstance)

Then I thought of countless friends I pray for every day and inserted their unique name and personal concern into the same format. It was another light bulb moment - God turning the mess into a miracle.

Doing the impossible is everyday business for God.

As we allow God to handle our big problems, they do not seem so impossible.

Faith Formula: Focus on God’s promises + Trust Him at His Word = Peace to a troubled heart.

This encourages my heart through another day and I wanted to encourage yours.

One of my favorite hymns:

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul...."


Don't make "impossible" part of your vocabulary!



From the Heart of Deborah Choma

The Opendoors Institute
Corporate Trainer | Conference Speaker
opendoors.deborah@gmail.com
219-902-4243

No comments: