Friday, July 25

Peace to a Troubled Heart

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its problems;
It empties today of its strength.

The true goal of the Believer’s life is to know God. The true reward of the Believer’s life is to see God one day

“As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.”  Psalm 17:15

The way to bring peace to a troubled heart is to focus on God’s promises and to trust Him to do what He says.

Doing the impossible is everyday business for God. Our big problems may not seem so impossible if we let God handle them.

The impossible happened to us one day. We were driving home from church and I was fretting over a need. Our son was a baby at the time. My husband had been out of work and the bank account was dry. Our son was wearing his last diaper and I was already contemplating cutting up a bath towel and turning it into a cloth diaper. I raised our daughters in cloth diapers. Disposable diapers were a new concept. The thought of returning to cloth was rather uncomfortable (grossed me out).

We walked up the front steps to our home. To our surprise there was a $20 bill protruding from the screen door. We jumped back in the car, drove to Walgreens and purchased diapers.

To this day, the identity of the person who left the money is still unknown. The timing of this gift and our own personal discretion, made the impossible - possible. We prayed for our need privately and God rewarded us publicly. In this instance, the only one privy to the facts was God!

Whilst sharing the burden with others is often a conduit for God’s provision, He desires for us to run to Him first. In addition to this story is a repertoire of many such blessings whereby someone who knew the need has been used by God to meet the need.

God’s blessings are beyond our imagination.

Is your relationship with God based on faith? - That heartfelt inner confidence, God IS who He says He is and does what He says He will do.

God is the only one with the power and ability to meet our needs. He wants to be personally involved in our life and nudges us to ask for His power to help. There may be a delay in His response, however, God’s timetable is our opportunity to grow both in our faith and our prayer life.

Your prayers may not change God’s mind, but they may change yours.

God is faithful to His plans and His promises, even when we complicate the process.

Meet God in the pages of your Bible. If you want to inherit blessings, place God’s will above your own and learn how to let God guide your life.

“Lord,

I stand in awe of your promises. How can a person like me be in view of your infinite love and mercy? Yet you have assured me that you love me with an everlasting love. How can I not come to you in humble adoration and seek to know you more?

Thank you that the joy of knowing your faithfulness is not affected by my failures, rather, it is guided by your unchangeable character. Grow my faith in your awesome promises and receive my obedience today as a gesture of gratitude for all you have done for me.

In Jesus’ name – Amen”


From the Heart of Deborah Choma

No comments: