Wednesday, September 3

Eclipsed by Afflictions

Lunar Eclipse In Australia - May 4, 2007

Job 40:15-42:17

“…and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.” Job 42:8b

God appears as the “Comforter” and puts honor upon Job. The comforter always convinces doesn’t He? Having his righteousness eclipsed by his afflictions, God reveals the true image of Job.

Judge nothing before its time!

God cleared Job’s righteousness before all his friends. God addresses this to Eliphaz, not only as the senior, but as the ringleader in the attack made upon Job – Chapter 42:7 “the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee,” Elihu was the moderator amidst – and that was noted by God! Job is magnified and his three friends mortified.

Job's friends had all joined in accusing Job, and now they join in begging his pardon. Those that have sinned together should repent together!

God calls Job, again and again - his servant Job, four times in Job 42:7-8 “And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.”

Job’s Losses - Restored
7 Sons - 7 Sons
3 Daughters - 3 Daughters
7,000 Sheep - 14,000 Sheep
3,000 Camels - 6,000 Camels
1,000 Oxen - 2,000 Oxen
500 Donkeys - 1,000 Donkeys
Large Household - Lived 140 Years
Great man of the East - Lived to see 4-Generations of children.

Personal Observation

The 140-years are significant. I cross-referenced why God chose 140-years, and was delighted to learn the following;
“The days of our years are threescore years and ten;” Psalm 90:10 that equates to 70-years. God gave Job longevity, exactly twice the standard life-expectancy.

Job was subjected to 5-fiery trials, and participated in 5-painful debates. Now he receives, at the hand of God, 10-fold blessings!

1. The aim in my daily walk with God is; that in all my prayers and undertakings, I am to be accepted of the Lord – not to have praise of men, but to please God.
2. The greater blessing that I have received through the reading of Job is that Job saw himself as God saw Him. When we are brought low, what lies beneath the surface is always exposed. And – nothing is hidden from the Lord!

I Love You,
Deborah

No comments: