Thursday, September 3

He Loves Me...!

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

I have a friend who will often buy me my favorite body cream. She knows what I like and will surprise me from time to time with this. When she gives me the cream I always feel the love of God through her. Her gift of body-cream is a token of her love for and enjoyment of our friendship. In addition, this act of love is a sign from God that He loves me!

The love of God comes to us in various ways throughout our day and often goes unnoticed!

I have another friend who frequently buys me my favorite iced-coffee. When she is out and about she will call and ask me, “Would you like a yummy iced-coffee?” Within ten minutes she arrives at my door…coffee in hand…and then goes on her way. Her gift of iced-coffee is a token of her love for and enjoyment of our friendship. In addition, it’s a sign from God that He loves me!

I like to feel loved. I know that God likes it when I make Him feel loved. There are various ways I do this; reading His Word each day is an act of obedience. It is also my way of showing God that I love Him and I can’t wait to spend time with just Him.

God loves us to need Him. Because we are made in His image, one of our greatest desires is to be loved and accepted by others.

The love of God is the very foundation of the Christian life. There are no accidents and there are no mistakes! As a Christian woman, this reassuring knowledge prepares me for everything. If you are saved, then you can be comforted as you seek to understand the love of God and the ways it will influence your own life.

Another way I show God that I love Him is by talking to Him.

1. We have the help of the Spirit in prayer - While we are in this world, hoping and waiting for what we don’t see, we must be praying. Hope supposes desire and that desire needs to be offered up to God is prayer.

2. We have weakness in prayer - We know not what we should pray for as we ought. With respects to our requests, we know not what to ask. We are not competent judges of our own condition. Who knows what is good for us in this life?

“For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?” Ecclesiastes 6:12.

We are short-sighted and very much biased in favor of our flesh. You know not what you ask, “But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” Matthew 20:22.

We are like foolish children that are ready to cry for fruit before it is ripe and fit for us to eat, “And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.” Luke 9:54-55

We know not how to pray as we ought; we are often at a loss--graces are weak, affections cold, thoughts wandering…and it’s not always easy to find the heart to pray, “For thou, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee an house: therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee.” 2 Samuel 7:27

If a great saint like Paul knew not what to pray for, we have little reason to go about the responsibility of praying in our own strength?

3. We have the assistance which the Spirit gives us - Christ intercedes for us in heaven. The Spirit intercedes for us in our hearts. The Spirit, as an enlightening Spirit, teaches us what to pray for.

Our soul is in such a hurry with temptations and troubles; we know not what to say or how to express ourselves. The Spirit in the heart never contradicts the Spirit in the Word. Those desires that are contrary to the will of God do not come from the Spirit.

4. He knows what we have need of before we ask – This knowledge gives me great comfort today. I have so many cares and concerns pressing on me – what a relief to toss the grief!

Christ had said, "Whatever you ask the Father according to his will he will give it you." But how shall we learn to ask according to his will? The Spirit will teach us that!

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

5. Those that love God make the best of all He does and take in all these good ingredients – Being a Christian woman gives me many advantages. When you trust Christ and believe in Him, there is nothing our God cannot do – for you!

How do I know there is nothing my God cannot do---how can I know it for certain?
  • God's Word tells me
  • My own experience shows me
  • The experience of others believers confirms it to me.

Praying is a growing process. If you do not pray daily, then ask God to grow your faith and then you need to make some changes. If you do not adjust what you are currently doing, you are most likely to forget to pray.

Because I have a scheduled Bible reading time, I read my Bible every day. Because I have a scheduled praying time, I pray every day. I read God’s Word and pray many times throughout my day but the greater portion of my time spent with God is in the early hours of the morning.

You can succeed in the Christian life. One key ingredient is to be doing all you can to stay close to God.

Do you realize that God has given you a love-note today? Somewhere...somehow - He has reminded you that "He Loves You?" Have you felt His prompt today?

Sniffing freshly laundered clothes on my cuddly son who tells me all day long that he loves me - no wonder I miss him!

All day long God loves me....and all day long God loves you! Whatever walk of life you are from - God loves you. Whatever sins that you have committed - God loves you. No matter what your past may be or what your future holds - God loves you!

God created the daisy for ladies to know He is crazy about them. He has the longest daisy-chain.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I Love You,
Deborah

No comments: