Tuesday, September 1

I'm In Love!

“I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.” Psalm 130:5, 6

My husband is the best friend I have. I share more dreams with him than anyone else. His days are fluffed up with renditions of what has occupied me and my mind for the time we are apart. Our life is richly filled with “us” and “we.”

Expecting him to come in love, I anticipate his arrival at the end of each day. I wait on him in service as I ensure the home is in place and there is a meal prepared. I wait for him in faith knowing that I am the wife of one man who I am faithful to. I wait for him only!

This act of love in waiting is not mere formality – my heart is in it! My husband is worth waiting for!

There are times when a woman’s life is primarily outside the home. Mine use to be! I owned a very successful business and had two daughters in school. I am most grateful that after our son was born I stayed in the home. It has always been a total pleasure to be a stay-at-home-mother. I am very passionate about our son and the time I dedicate toward raising him. Has this always been easy? Financially, it could only have been God’s grace and mercy that kept me right where He wanted me – at home!

Being a one-income family is not easy. There are so many areas that drain the household income. Being Caleb’s mentor is high on our priority list. We would do anything to keep that as such. Whatever it takes, we will not compromise the position of being home for our son. We do without but we never feel our life lacks for anything. Quite the opposite - our family is bursting with blessings!

If you are a Christian woman who works outside the home, I would like to encourage you in your growth. There are always opportunities to express your love and service toward your husband.

Quite often I hear the excuse, “But I don’t have the time!” Unfortunately, we don’t do what we can when we do have the time! If that is the case, why would you do what you should if you did have the time? Satan will convince us to use this lie. We justify our lack of love and service toward our husbands when we make provision for our flesh by using excuses for not doing what is right.

When we keep ourselves spirit-filled and feed from His Word each day, this act of love and service is the fruit of our walk with God. As we seek God with our whole heart, we will seek to please our husbands with our whole heart – at every opportunity!

Our marriage is a mere reflection of how close we are to God!

There are times when I feel the strain of life. Satan loves opportunity and because I am aware of my enemy, I ensure that I repeat this act of love even when service steps in before ‘my heart is into it.’

God blesses obedience and as a Christian woman I am to love my husband and demonstrate that love...over and over.

Because we wake at 4am I prepare lunches the night before. As I was making our son’s lunch last night I drew a big heart and wrote inside, “I love you handsome – Mommy.” Caleb loves me writing him notes and hiding them in obscure places. Discovering them during the day has been a ritual we have enjoyed. I wanted this act of love to continue when he started school.

As I was cutting the big heart out and taping it to the underside of his lunch box, my husband said “Oh, that’s so sweet...you’re a great Mother Deborah!”

My eyes are filled with tears…I can’t help getting caught up with emotion when I think of the love of God. He loves me much; much more than the love I have for my children. I can’t get enough of them…I can’t do enough for them…I can’t wait to be with them, and I can't wait to watch their animation – I adore my children!

God loves me more! God loves you! He loves you more than your greatest passion – infinitely more!

He tapes love-hearts to your lunch-box of life and if you don't open the Book, you miss it! But He doesn't stop there!

I felt the nudge of God’s love this morning and drew a heart for my husband. I wrote inside “I did not forget the handsome man that won my heart! You’re the best friend a girl could ever have – Your Princess!”

I regularly write love-notes to my husband and tape them to his lunch box. If I did not draw a heart for my sweetheart this morning, would he feel that I had forgotten him? Would he think that Caleb’s activities outweighed the importance of him being my husband? Would he feel he was not a priority to me? No! My husband is the most selfless saint I know!

We can never have enough deposits of love and I want nothing to ever tip the beautiful balance in our marriage. I can never have enough deposits of love from God and I want nothing to ever tip the beautiful balance in our relationship.

God never has enough deposits of love from us and He wants nothing more than for us to want Him!

The closer I get to God the less I have to say and the more I love to please my husband. Doing everything to make his life easier and sweeter is a daily goal for me. Is my life easier and sweeter before I take this step of obedience? No! This act of love creates great pleasure and deep contentment. Doing something for someone always takes our mind off “self.”

When I feel mean-spirited, I bend my knee as often as it takes to feel a tenderness in my heart once again and a letting go of “self.”

A sweet-spirit toward my husband, my children, and anyone that crosses my path, is a high priority for me. No one deserves anything less! This is something I work on all the time!

Women are known for their mood-swings and for their ability to transform from Mrs. Warm Fuzzy to Mrs. Cold Prickles in one clean sweep. This kind of behavior is not from the Saviour!

One of the greatest marriage lessons I have ever embraced is this;

“How you feel about your husband is a direct reflection on how you feel about God!”

Without a doubt I’m crazy about God – I’m in love! He is my passion and gives me the greatest joy. My love for Him is manifested toward others;

1. My husband
2. My children
3. My brethren

It is clear to see and just as easy to understand the love of God when it is demonstrated through someone who has a close intimate walk with God – you cannot hide it!

“Behold, how good(1) and how pleasant(2) it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment(3) upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew(4) of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing(5), even life for evermore(6).” Psalm 133:1-3

Six Promises That Come With Getting Along With Others

1. Goodness
2. Pleasure
3. Anointing
4. Dew
5. God's blessing
6. Eternal life

Christian women that live in love and peace shall have the God of love and peace with them – regardless of the trials!

Expect God to come to you in love this day. He adores you! "I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait… My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more…”

Such repetitions are the reverse of vain repetitions. He is worth waiting for! The waiting as such, is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes.

Christian lady, if you do not have this love for God - I promise you can!

Why don’t you bow your head and pray. Ask God to impart His love on you. Read His Word each day and I know you will begin to illuminate the love of God in your own home and outside - wherever you go! You will brighten the corner where you are!

I Love You,
Deborah

No comments: