Monday, January 18

Our Teacher & Our Lesson

"In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:3

My goal this year is to seek and love God with my WHOLE heart. I have asked Him to remind me of this intention. I want to reach a day where not 15-minutes pass and my mouth confesses – “I need you Lord!”

My future motto – Reflecting my ways and not just my words: Closely bonded to the Saviour as the brilliant teacher He is.

He is my EXCELLENT INSTRUCTOR! Although able to reveal fresh truth, He preferred to expound the old. He knows by His omniscience what is the most instructive way of teaching; by turning to Moses and the prophets, He showed us that the surest road to wisdom is not speculating, reasoning, or reading human books - but meditating on the Word of God.

The readiest way to be spiritually rich in Heavenly knowledge is to dig in the mine of diamonds, to gather the pearls from this Heavenly Sea. When Jesus Himself sought to enrich others He dug in the quarry of Holy Scriptures.

He who hid the treasures in the field guides searchers to it Himself. Are you a searcher?

Nothing is sweeter than the topic of Himself - His own person and work.

With an eye to these truths, I always search the Word. 2010, I pray for enlarged grace to further study the Bible with Jesus as both my Teacher and my Lesson.

"On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand...."

I Love You,

Deborah

No comments: