Friday, August 15

Designer Clothes


As Kingdom Women,
our designer clothes must point to "The Designer."

As a young woman, I picked up my cues on how to dress from the fashion magazines and clothing boutiques. It never occurred to me that how I dressed reflected, good or bad, a message to those I came into contact with on a day-to-day basis.

Did my cleavage draw attention to my face and testimony?

Over time and as God began to work on my heart, He opened my eyes to a different perspective on how I should dress myself appropriately and then considerately.

So much of my past was tailored to a notion of everything being just right - a good fit. But God had a design that was to fit me to a 'T.' Laboring hard at a self-made image did eventually fray.

The loose ends of our workmanship will give rise to the need of a master tailor. Eventually, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," became the superior thread that began to weave a purpose for my life.

Would you like to succeed? Christ reminds us to "Come to Him." Matthew 11:28

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30

Now dressed for success, how fitting, how much like coming home, the experience of God is. God's will is tailor-made; it suits you and fits every curve and wrinkle. God's design, not a self-made life, is just right! It will fit you to a 'T.'

If at first you don't succeed, go to God. He is always successful at succeeding. A relationship with Him changes meaningless toil into spiritual productivity and purpose.

You have a designer image. You need to see it. God is the perfect fit for everyone. His desire is for us to point others to Him in our daily lives. From the top of our head to the tip of our toes, the way we dress ourselves must highlight grace and modesty.


For a Kingdom Woman, the only body parts publicly exposed are those seen in a mechanic shop.

There are more than a million stars in the sky,
but you are one-in-a-million.

When we value ourselves as God does, there is a willingness to conform into His image and not society's stereotype. Dare to be different!

From the Heart of Deborah Choma
Corporate Trainer | Conference Speaker

No comments: