Tuesday, September 21

A Life Lived With Accurate Purpose

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

Before we were born, we were under the control and guardianship of God. Like a weaver poised at his spinning wheel, God has precisely placed each strand of our lives...all our thoughts and all our feelings are known by Him before they are known by us.

I have been saved for thirty-seven years and I feel like I'm meeting my Daddy for the very first time.

We are often bound by an eclipsed view of our Heavenly Father. Many of us have been taught that the God of the Bible is a mean, demanding, angry taskmaster and that if we don't please Him, horrible things will happen to us. Try as we might to delight Him, we are never good enough and we end up feeling rejected and all alone.

But that isn't your Father. It's the devil masquerading as Him to abuse your love, devour your joy, and destroy your life.

Apart from my husband, my Father is one of the greatest men that have every lived. At the age of four, my mother spent most of her final years in the cardiac ward of a hospital in Sydney, Australia. My Father provided for and protected me and my three siblings. He worked long and hard hours to ensure a roof remained over our heads, clothes were on our backs, food was in our tummies, and hospital bills were up-to-date.

It was a tough road for such tender little ones, but a road that God used to build my character and strengthen my resolve to fight on against all odds. He trained me and taught me how to be truthful, grateful, and hard-working.

As I scan my life from a mature perspective, I wonder how I made it! As I sit on the sideline of what has been a twisty track of trials and triumphs, I know how I made it – by His Grace and His Strength!

My life had a purpose and my potholes were His peaks.

Has it ever occurred to you, that YOU have a very real purpose and in God's eyes, you are His princess! He knew you before you were conceived and He knows what you need to be happy – you need Him!

If God is not a very real part of your life, I would encourage you to change that. The line between tragedy and triumph is not a wide one in the heart of God. Whatever your past or your present, in God's eyes, you are His Bride!

His timing is always accurate. If we had spiritual eyes to see and understand the trials in our lives, we would not want to change anything. He is in control even when our life is out of control.

I pray the following facts will encourage your heart and connect you to the Creator of this Universe – the one who created you and understands who you are and what you need.

God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs.

For example:
  • The eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days
  • Those of the canary in 14 days
  • Those of the barnyard hen in 21 days
  • The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days
  • Those of the mallard in 35 days
  • The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days

(Note: they are all divisible by seven - the number of days in a week!)

Our lives are ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, if we will only entrust Him with our life. When we try to regulate our own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only the One Who made the brain and the heart can successfully guide them to a profitable end.

God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant. The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.

The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first. A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!

God's wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as well as in the number of grains:

  • Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind
  • Each orange has an even number of segments
  • Each ear of corn has an even number of rows
  • Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains
  • Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row, an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one. Continually alternating, every row has an even number and the next row an odd number

The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.

All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and the Lord specified thirty fold, sixty fold, and a hundredfold - all even numbers!

God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day. Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said; "If I had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, I could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!"

Thus the Lord in His wonderful grace arranges our lives when we entrust it to His care in such a way that it will carry out His purposes and plans. We will be fragrant with His presence.

Only the God-planned safe life is successful. Only the life given over to the care of the Lord is fulfilled.

I love how He continues to work in our lives no matter what this world throws at us.

Live gently in the world! There's enough pain as it is without our adding to it.

I Love You,

Deborah

No comments: