Sunday, March 13

Home Beautiful

"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:" Psalm 144:12

For a considerable amount of time, I searched for an appropriate picture that would personify what 'Home Beautiful' means to me. After much deliberation, this admirable row of Kookaburra's won my quest for the perfect pic.

Where our city view apartment nestled in Sydney, we were privy to these fine, meaty birds on a daily basis. Because our pet Princess Parrot, Sarah, had her wrought iron palace adorned with fresh bark, Grevillea, Bottlebrush, nuts, and branches of Eucalyptus trees; it required us to take bush walks at dawn, arming ourselves with the fresh foliage and food. Often, we were greeted by a row of laughing Kookaburra's. It was delightful!

I've always kept a beautiful home. Thanks to my fabulous Father, I'm very house conscious and have pin-point-laser detailing built into my DNA.

The closer I get to God, the more I understand a home is to be where your heart is. I'm grateful for what I have, especially my hero of a husband, beautiful girls, and a future modern day knight - our son.

It's not our estate and land that counts, it's the estate of our heart which makes the difference between being happy and balanced in this busy paced life.

Being Australian born and residing in Sydney for most of my life, I am now a permanent resident of America. We celebrated six-years of being here on March 4th.

After devoting my reading and writing skills to this unique blog, you may of wondered why I dropped off Blog land in September 2010. I've certainly missed sharing the knowledge and wisdom that God has bestowed upon my stubborn soul, but it's all good and I look forward to embarking on my literary talents once again.

Suffice to say, I started a business in September 2010 called 'Home Beautiful.' In addition, I've been writing a book and compiling lots of material for you to chew over and enjoy.

In the not-too-distant-future, you will see me pop up again. In the meantime, there are over one hundred devotions in the archives for you to read and re-read. These are life-changing and life-challenging, so don't brush it off as just another boring blog - it isn't!

Unfortunately in Blog Land, there are plenty of things to distract us and very few things that will impact our lives. Make a choice to choose what you read and resist the time wasters' that infect most of us on a daily basis.

I Love You,
Deborah

No comments: